Increased Member Engagement With Increased Renewals
By Marcia Jenkins, Senior Operations Manager, Quality Contact Solutions
In 2017, 30% of associations reported that their membership decreased. In the same year, 15% reported that their membership stayed the same. So, combined 45% of associations decreased membership or stayed the same. ¹ The key to ensuring year over year membership growth is renewing existing members. One consistently successful tool to renew expiring and lapsed members is through membership renewals direct marketing, otherwise known as telemarketing.
To ensure successful membership renewal telemarketing calls, there are a few key points to consider. You need a great script and front-line telemarketing agents that can build rapport and value in the renewal in just a few short minutes. That can be tricky!
Training the Team Helps Ensure Member Engagement
and a Successful Telemarketing Renewals Project
We know the agents need to be trained; completely and thoroughly. In order to be successful in conducting membership renewal calls, the agents need to know the product. In this case, the “product” is the benefits that your members receive by being members of your association. Remember that some benefits are tangible, and others are intangible, so make a list and ensure the team knows all of the benefits!
In addition to learning the value of the product, agents must have the opportunity to practice navigating the systems and call guide as well as how to process a membership renewal. Mock calling is vital to their success. Here they can practice the script provided and make it their own. It helps them to gain confidence and hit the ground running!
Investing in a Partnership with a Telemarketing Services Firm Helps Increase Member Engagement
Creating a partnership with our clients is part of what makes us a great company. With both teams on the same page we can all be successful. Interaction and engagement from all parties is key. Once agents are trained and making calls, a useful tool to tweak the script is monitoring sessions. With the client and QCS monitoring together and providing feedback, areas that need to be adjusted including the call flow can be taken care of early on to maximize the renewal percentage.
Systems and Technology Ensure Proper Contact Management
QCS ensures solid contact management for our clients by providing the latest and greatest in systems. The numbers do not lie. We have the dialer settings managed and systems that process those leads accurately. You need the right team to manage your Member Engagement and Direct Marketing, Telemarketing calls.
Client-Specific Reports Aid Decision-Making for your Member Renewals Telemarketing Program
The reports help identifies ebbs and flows including the best times to call on a membership renewals telemarketing campaign. Which agents are performing and how those precious expiring or lapsed members are being handled. QCS has client-specific detailed reports to help ensure success!
If you’re looking for a team that has the ability to meet metrics and provide a great experience for your association, give us a call at 1-866-963-2889 and press 1 for sales. Or email me at Marcia.Jenkins@qualitycontactsolutions.com
We’ll take care of your Member Engagement, Direct Marketing, or other Telemarketing needs.
¹ 2017 Membership Marketing Benchmarking Report, Marketing General
Marcia Jenkins is the Senior Operations Manager for Quality Contact Solutions. Prior to joining Quality Contact Solutions, Marcia was a sought- after 10-year call center veteran with the ability to manage and sell. Marcia is responsible for the day to day operations for the At Home Division. QCS At Home is a work-from-home telemarketing and call center solution focused on business to business outbound telemarketing, test-bed projects and special programs which are typically not well-suited for the traditional brick and mortar call center operation.