Wanted: Exceptional Contact Center Service Professionals to Be Featured in New Book – The Rise of the Customer Service Specialist
Here’s an opportunity for you or someone you know to be featured in a new book by author, business person and human potential educator, Cheryl O’Donoghue.
Contact center professionals are no strangers to the artful blending of automated and person-to-person customer service. As call center executives explore the evolving role AI (Artificial Intelligence) may play in their center’s future, some are already looking at how they can create the ultimate customer experience by blending AI (and other technological advancements) with an even higher level of skilled customer service. But what will this higher level of skilled customer service look like and what attributes will our representatives need to thrive and support the desired customer experience?
If you or someone you know is one of the best at serving others (clients, customers, other employees), is highly likeable and absolutely loves their work, I want to feature them in a new book which provides an inside look into the makings and motivations of a true service specialist. Or if you or someone you know has a special passion and expertise in what the future of our call centers could look like, let’s talk!
It’s time to bring your wisdom to others.
Book Project Details:
• Interviews are being conducted now through early 2018
• The final book will be published by Archway Publishing (a Simon and Schuster company)
• Interview will take approximately 45-60 minutes
• After your interview is complete, the author will draft a chapter for your review and edits (If a
company is also featured in the chapter, the appropriate company official also will be involved in
the review, edit and approval process)
• Author will also create or update a biography for you (details of you and your company,
including contact information can be provided)
• There is no charge for creating the chapter or biography
• If you would like to include a professional photo of yourself you must provide your
photographer’s permission in writing; the photo must be at least 300 DPI (dots per inch)
• There is no fee or compensation paid to those who agree to be interviewed, nor is there any fee
• A complimentary copy of the finished book will be provided to all who are featured in the final
• A portion of book proceeds will be donated to non-profit organizations with missions to provide
business training to those with barriers to education
To learn more about this book project or to schedule a time to be interviewed, contact the author Cheryl O’Donoghue at 630-253-8861 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via LinkedIn.